Welcome! I am currently a FONDECYT postdoctoral fellow in the Instituto de Astrofísica at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile. My research is focused on merger-driven transformation of galaxies across a wide range of mass. I use observations (radio, mm/submm, infrared, and optical) in concert with N-body simulations to understand the interplay between star formation, active galactic nuclei, feedback, and the interstellar medium in mergers.
- 20 January 2016: I have moved to the Instituto de Astrofísica at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- 06 December 2015: I chatted with Carrie Nugent about galaxy mergers for an episode of her “Spacepod” podcast.
- 18 November 2015: The HCN/HCO+ article has been published in ApJ.
- 28 September 2015: An article I authored with a group of collaborators, on the HCN and HCO+ emission from local (U)LIRGs, has been accepted for publication by The Astrophysical Journal and a preprint is available on the arXiv.
- 18 May 2015: The first TNT paper, summarizing the sample and presenting initial results has been published, as well as a study of the relationship between far-infrared color and infrared emission lines, and a near-infrared study of supernova 2010jl.